A status update on my costume work for District Thespians:
As November 13th draws ever nearer I have begun to actually sew the peices together. Thus far I have almost completed the skirt (all that remains is the waistband and hem) and some of the interfacing for the collar of the jacket. I have successfully learned how to put in a zipper and to take more care in sewing and cutting out pattern pieces so that they line up, in the design I have it is imperative that ever seam lines up with the one above it.
As November 13th draws ever nearer I have begun to actually sew the peices together. Thus far I have almost completed the skirt (all that remains is the waistband and hem) and some of the interfacing for the collar of the jacket. I have successfully learned how to put in a zipper and to take more care in sewing and cutting out pattern pieces so that they line up, in the design I have it is imperative that ever seam lines up with the one above it.
The front of the skirt:
Now that the skirt is finished, the elaborate jacket promises to be very challenging and test my tailoring skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment