As our fall play we (the Paxon Players) are producing the show The Diviners, as such I have auditioned and receieved a call back. This was a new experience for me, I have auditioned for shows before and gotten parts, but I'd never recieved a call back. The call back gave me a chance to develop a closer understanding of the characters in the play and to gain further interation with the possible cast members, both those I knew and those I did not. I recieved the part of Goldie, who is a middle aged woman who owns a diner in the small (imaginary) town of Zion Indiana. This part will be an interesting one to portray, because she has a slight accent that is necessary to portray the character well, and her age will be one that I have not acted before. I am looking forward to working on my physicality and character development, whether through the LaBon Method or some other route. I will pay special attention to 'getting out of my head' on stage and into the character which I often have a problem with: I am often too like myself, or I over compensate and become flat and fake.
More posts will be coming as the play progresses. All in all I think it will be a really good production.
No comments:
Post a Comment